**NEW C@ D7E Electric Dozer **

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
§wishy

**NEW C@ D7E Electric Dozer **

Post #1 by §wishy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:39 am

The §wish haz been able to put his beedy little eyes on the new C@ D7E Dozer Brochure
The Brochure should/would B in all C@ dealers by April the 1st

So here'za sneak preview

LOL
cya
§wishy
HasBeen

John Gaunt
Flag: Great Britain

Re: **NEW C@ D7E Electric Dozer **

Post #2 by John Gaunt » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:27 pm

Nice one $wishy, The extender cord electric lead looks favourite to me (assuming it's armoured cable of course !).

Deas Plant

Post #3 by Deas Plant » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi, Swishy.
I'm gonna tell the Handbrake that you have too much time and too little to do with it. Maybe she'll make you get that REAL job I've told you so many times that you needed to get.

Good one, Mate. Thanks for sharing.

I was out around Ipswich today and found the home of those re-powered Cat D11's that raised so much comment 3 or 4 years ago. Do you remember the ones? The bloke who owns those D11's apparently also owns an outfit called West Moreton Engineering and there are a couple of pretty fair-sized workshop-looking sheds there. There are also at least 3 'dismembered' D10's/D11's sitting on blocks in the yard, looking as if they may be undergoing overhaul or modification - slowly.

Catchyalater.
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

martyn williams

Post #4 by martyn williams » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Where do you plug it in? :lol:

IBH

Post #5 by IBH » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:40 pm

b100 wrote:Where do you plug it in? :lol:

Into one of these below. 'JCB the power behind CAT' :lol:

nick lamb

Post #6 by nick lamb » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:40 pm

is it remote controle too?

DozerDave

Post #7 by DozerDave » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:50 pm

Sorry about back tracking through the archives, but some good topics of interest took my eyes. Regarding the new Electric Drive CAT D7E, my bets lay on the electric propulsion system being the first phase leading to the eventual diesel being replaced by Hydrogen Fuel Cell power to provide power to the motors. Off topic regards fuel Cell engine power, my personal doubts were cast aside when I visited Barcelona TMB Buses back where I had the chance to compare the standard Mercedes Citaro single deck diesel powered bus against a Hydrogen Fuel Cell Citaro test bus and lets just say, the power was absolutely staggering. The quietness was equally as impressive! Just a final footnote to Fuel Cell in technology, last months Tractor Mag carried an article about MF and surprise-surprise, they are developing a Hydrogen powered machine too.
The way ahead perhaps?

Dirty Digger

Post #8 by Dirty Digger » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:40 pm

DozerDave wrote:Sorry about back tracking through the archives, but some good topics of interest took my eyes. Regarding the new Electric Drive CAT D7E, my bets lay on the electric propulsion system being the first phase leading to the eventual diesel being replaced by Hydrogen Fuel Cell power to provide power to the motors. Off topic regards fuel Cell engine power, my personal doubts were cast aside when I visited Barcelona TMB Buses back where I had the chance to compare the standard Mercedes Citaro single deck diesel powered bus against a Hydrogen Fuel Cell Citaro test bus and lets just say, the power was absolutely staggering. The quietness was equally as impressive! Just a final footnote to Fuel Cell in technology, last months Tractor Mag carried an article about MF and surprise-surprise, they are developing a Hydrogen powered machine too.
The way ahead perhaps?

DozerDave,

I completely agree with you regarding Cat's D7E, with no belt-driven services from the engine, a fuel cell could easily be popped in there. Of course, there is still the question of the limited range from a sensible-sized hydrogen tank.

I understand New Holland have now gone public with their hydrogen-powered tractor; the beginning of the end for the internal combustion engine?

td14steve

Post #9 by td14steve » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:32 am

I think it will be interesting to see these D7s when they are out in the field and some feedback starts coming in on them . Seems like a simple idea that was a long time coming. Steve

Ross

Post #10 by Ross » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:16 am

D7E field follow is doing really well. It's not to far from my present location.

From what Ive seen there's no room for a Hydrogen Cell!

Return to “Dozers”