Some sheduled maintenance

Discuss dozers here

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Some sheduled maintenance

Post #11 by tctractors » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:09 am

Deas' I was sort of in a jamb with this little banger, I said to the owner that yes I want it Blah'Blah, to finaly turn up next to it feeling sick to my Boots, the Cab looks like 1 of my mates sister's (lets say she will be sent back un-opened), all the grass and brambles plus the old 3" brick parked up on the Funnel gave me the "done your Coins" tummy, but you have to stick to your word so I put on my I dont care smile and set about the bramble patch, then poked the old bird into life, this also involved pulling the brambles out of the fan and out of the engine area,taking a pic of my "impulse buy" was at the very lowest point of the list, all I was thinking about at this point was "so much a Ton scrap price" with a hope of a way to get my coins back???, but I have to say its dent free with all the panels and a mountain of parts, a steam clean will soon get the green slime off and make it a for Hire unit once again, I will get some pic's to make you smile.

tctractors

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #12 by nick lamb » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:00 pm

I've just returned from the pub after 3 pints of Fosters(I.m not a real muckshifter as I can't really drink bitter) and your new find in the bushes sounds fine to me.It may seem like a stupid idea tomorrow though,but for now I take my hat off to you TC :bow: .
Hi Deas,Hope you notice that I was drinking Fosters mate ;) .I don't know much about Cat drotts other than I had a few goes on a 955K many years ago but don't really see them around anymore.

GIZZY
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by GIZZY » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:18 pm

Great photos :)

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #14 by nick lamb » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:12 pm

Going down to the quarry tomorrow as it's the start of the month and I need to get the timesheets sorted.
My fitter's coming too as there is abit of work needs doing on both the dozers.The D8 has a developing engine oil leak behind the oil filter assem that needs looking at before it gets critical.I have p[urchased all the gaskets and some new glue from Finnings incase it's the big cover gasket.I hope not as that will mean removing the fuel pump which is heavy to get at it.
The D5 has had an oil leak on the hydraulic system for the past year so we will do that too if they will let me stand it.
Will post some pics.

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #15 by nick lamb » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:27 pm

here you can see the oil leak and the pile of attatchments that we've got to disturb to get it off
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #16 by nick lamb » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:38 pm

had a 210 Volvo handy to lift the fuel pump off as it's about the size of a Mini engine!.
Unfortunately the cover plate was fretted abit and this was the likely cause of the leak so I fitted a newer one to it of an 8K from Jimmy Gaughan's
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
nick lamb

Post #17 by nick lamb » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:49 pm

Anyway,we got it back to work the second day and managed to squeeze the leaking hyd' pipe on the D5 in too.
Next job to do when I get time is an oilseal on the fuel pump on the D5 which isn't too bad but anoying non the less.
Best regards.... :wave:

Jeremy Rowland

Post #18 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Oil leaks are always a pig to fix because you can bet that you end up stripping half the machine down just to get to the offending gasket or seal and that applies to most machinery! Job nicely done there Nicky :thumbup: bet there's a fair weight in that fuel injection pump too :dizzy:

Jeremy

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #19 by Holger » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:54 am

Thank you for the job report Nicky!
Some resources:
How-To

RichardJW~

Post #20 by RichardJW~ » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:28 am

Brilliant pics Nicky.....interesting to see actually what is in behind all this and satisfying to do the job and have it running/looking in 'new' condition.......as you say the bits are enough to give you a double hernia!

Return to “Dozers”