Fowler Challenger mark 3

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
gamble.greg

Re: Fowler Challenger mark 3

Post #101 by gamble.greg » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:28 am

Yeah mate, all over bar the shouting..............although there is a problem with one of the choppers :arrrrgh: and there is only one flying so that means about 19 blokes fly out at 8.00 am and the other 14 fly out later in the afternoon, :twisted: big mess with all the flights and connections............I am training in Darwin for a few days so it doesnt really affect me apart from on the day all you want is to be far away from here as quickly as possible...........wife will be in darwin this afternoon so we can do some touristy things after training for 3 days and then we will go fishing on the sunday and monday and then home on the tuesday...........the guy that told ma about the Fordson tstat is an old bloke, dealt with machinery & tractors all his life........ :bow: ..........still a few about, the desk jockey spares blokes are not even worth talking to............and they all get the same look :insomnia: :dizzy: when you try to explain something to make it simple for them............cheers mate........greg
GG

IANOZ

Post #102 by IANOZ » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:31 am

Hi Greg ,Sounds like a great mini holiday .Good for you :thumbup: .You want to watch your self up there in darwin ,On the truck forum we had a pommy forum member come to oz for a look see He checked out darwin and NT ,then sydney and back to victoria where he started out from .Went to the sandown truck show and flew home a couple of days later .He was amazed when he got home to discover after 6 weeks in OZ he had lost six and a half kilos. The boys on the forum reckon it was the NT heat that sweated that stale hot pommy ale out of him. He reckoned it was when he would see a sign on the side of the road saying 15 Ks to a waterfall or something ,He reckoned then once he got there ,there would be another sign saying 3 K walk to see it So he didn't want to waste the drive in so he would do the walk .Reckoned one time he drove off the beaten track to see some wonder ,when he got there in the middle of a stinking hot day , the sign said a 9 k walk .He said his name is roland ,not silly so he got rolling out of there without looking . A bit of fishing up there sounds like a good thing .A mate works up at weipa,and seeing some of his videos almost make you want to cry .Barra fighting over the lure ,crystal clear creeks with a dozen or so barra cruising the banks . Enjoy the break :thumbup: ,ian.

Topic author
gamble.greg

Post #103 by gamble.greg » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:31 am

:lol: yeah the walking is a bit of a trap if your not on to it.........i used to go to the HCVC Truck show at Sandown when i lived down that way but i havent been for the last 3 years, job has gotten in the way as usual...........we even displayed the R190 about 6 years ago......speaking of the ol girl, it was sold to a chap (Doug Clark) in Boronia Hts Queensland who did a magnificent job of finishing the restoration on it :bow: so you may have seen it, in red of course and an Austin 7 will be parked nearby that he take with him.........cheers mate......greg
GG

IANOZ

Post #104 by IANOZ » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi Greg ,If you have some photos of the 190 ,you should post them for the truck boys to enjoy . What shift did you score this time round ?HCVC has a forum in OZ if you want to keep in touch with the old truck scene .I am on there .We have a number of english members also .How did you go with the tstat , any joy . Where is all the topend fishing tales .I am sure our english friends would love to see some photos of some real topend tackle busters .. Look forward to hearing from you next time you can spare the time to post .ian.

Topic author
gamble.greg

Post #105 by gamble.greg » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:34 am

Hi Bud, yes mate I will have a look thru the old pics when i get some time, your right of course :bow: there are other people that may be interested in them as it was a "special" . No progress on the tstat, maybe next time home after ploughing and slashing...........the fishing tales were few and far between, the first charter we went on caught nothing and the second was better but nothing awesome to report......maybe next time we will have the bragging rights :lol: I did good this trip as I won day shift.........must get the wife to load that youtube video of the tree episode........cheers..g
GG

Return to “Dozers”