Post #51 by BulldozerD11 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:27 am

bob wrote:
bulldozerd11 wrote:
This one could be a Marshall MP6 tractor or maybe not :!:
DSCF0257.JPG

Dave

Here is a photo of an MP6 taken the other day dont think its the same
Bob

Hi Bob If this replies in relation to my post from a few days ago, then I'm certain its not a MP6 as I've since seen an article in a back issue of T&M mag that looks like my photo but painted up and it described it as a special built for tractor pulling with Eaton Gearbox, truck axel and a truck engine. I think the nose is from a Challenger crawler, and side frames are Lorry chassis rails.

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Topic author
IANOZ

Re: FOWLER

Post #52 by IANOZ » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:08 am

`HI , does anyone have a starting valve for the cartridge start? I emailed crawfords over a week ago and heard nothing from them .I asked questions about the filters on the machine,but some one posted photos of marshall tractor and buryed the questions. We have cleaned the fuel filters and tank, and it now starts on the crank handle easy. So have removed the petrol pilot motor. But as we only have tip trucks to move the machine around on ,the crank handle wont fit in the side of the machine on the back of the truck to start it . The cartridge start valve and pipe where not on the machine when we bought it, The old owner said he has been given the pipe ,now just need the valve. Any help greatly appecated.thanks ian.

Fowler VF

Post #53 by Fowler VF » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:51 pm

Ian

sorry I havent' been back to you with any replies lately. I think at some stage I may have said that I needed more time to work on my "toys", well as they say be careful what you wish for. My company has been put into administration by Bank of Scotland three weeks ago, so I just lost my job and all my savings. It looked like I was going to have plenty of time on my hands!! I have had to take a job away and haven't been able to reply.

I haven't got a spare cartridge valve, not sure if Crawfords do email, try phoning or fax?

I'll dig out what I can next time I'm home.

Nick

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #54 by IANOZ » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:57 pm

Its all ways the same ,either no time or no money to play with the toys. sorry to hear you lost your job. the whole world perrty well sucks at the moment. ian

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #55 by IANOZ » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:04 pm

HI nick, crawfords give their email address on their website. I cant get my head around the time difference to ring them.Have you seen my other post with the filter ?'s .I got a oil filter yesterday but at the time was not conferdent of being able to .ian. PS, I saw you were online and was maddly typing this but by the time i finshed you were gone, thanks for the reply,i was just about to give up on the site as i have not been getting much in the way of replys. ian

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #56 by IANOZ » Thu May 14, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi All you FOWLER VF guys out there .I have just ordered new clutch plates for our machine,asthe clutch wasn't working like it should, when it was pulled apart we found there was one clutch plate missing. Just wondering out of interest what a set of clutch plates are worth over there?Ian.

Fowler VF

Post #57 by Fowler VF » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi Ian

Thanks for your post on the D7. Yes I am nearer home again, just 40 miles away, but still long hours. Managing the build of an effluent plant and have since been dumped with all the other civil engineering jobs on a 60 acre factory site, so not much spare time.

I don't know if you ever got hold of Crawfords but they really are the best source of everything you need, over here at least.

Never had the clutch apart on my VF so don't know much about it.

Some time back you asked about oil filters, saw this advertised on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0350985717

The guy also seems to have some other Marshall bits, might be worth contacting.

Nick

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #58 by IANOZ » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:40 am

Hi Nick, Thanks for that,i shall check him out.Our machine has had an oil filter conversion done on it but at the time that i posted the question When i went to get a filter ,it was hard to find one.Some of the filter manufactures stopped making them.The guy i got the clutch plates from had them in stock . I was just interested ,what they were worth over there as i thought his price out here was very reasonable.Is there any other forums over there for old crawlers like the fowler.? We have bought a david brown 30td now as well plus the trackmarshall 55's so the flag is flying high for british crawlers here . Hope the d7 gives you a trouble free run on the job Do you get to operate it your self or does someone else get to have all the fun . ian.

Topic author
IANOZ

Post #59 by IANOZ » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:12 pm

a few more pictures of the fowler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John Gaunt
Flag: Great Britain

Post #60 by John Gaunt » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi Ian, Is that an early D4 behind the fowler in the second picture ? Looks like it's got a la plante choate cable operated blade on it. Are you planning to restore it ?

Return to “Dozers”