Share Your Thoughts.

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
Deas Plant

Share Your Thoughts.

Post #1 by Deas Plant » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:30 pm

Hi, Folks.
I have posted this question over at Heavy Equipment Forums too. I guess you could call it a Favourites question but Ill put it another way.

Is there a make/model of dozer that is no longer in production that you wish was still being produced?
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

Shovelman

Re: Share Your Thoughts.

Post #2 by Shovelman » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:19 am

Thats an interesting question; but I must qualify my answer by making this comment. Any dozer from the past would not be viable in the market today for a variety of reasons. Having said that:

The single dozer that both puzzled and amazed me as a young boy decades ago; and most certainly left the largest impression in my mind was the famous Euclid TC-12. Watching the crawlers and engines oscillate puzzled me, and the sound! Having two Detroit Diesel 671 2-cycles running at redline is something you have to hear for yourself as I can not describe it. I can tell you that you knew something serious was running when you heard it even if you could not see it.

Here is a TC-12 that was rescued and restored.

Before:

By shovelmaniac

And after:

By shovelmaniac

These two photos are from Don Cloughs website: http://home.gwi.net/~dclough/euclid.html

I also have good memories of rear-engine Eimcos (extremely different in appearance), and the Allis-Chalmers HD41 had a "presence" possessed by no other; then or now.

All the best,

John

Nick Drew

Post #3 by Nick Drew » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:56 pm

Wow What a site to see!!!

That old Euclid is just fantastic!! All credit to the guy for a great restoration job :thumbs_up:

Well my favourite Dozer has already been mentioned in an earlier thread, it has to be the old Cat D9G, when I was a youngster in the early 70s I used to go to work with my late Father and I used to spend some Saturday mornings at the controls of a rope controlled D9G which was owned by M. C. Pierce earthmoving, that old girl would just keep pushing no matter what was in front of her.....I loved it !!

Just wish I had some pics of her, but I have lost a lot of shots on my travels around the country :cry: :cry:

Nick :mrgreen:

Shovelman

Post #4 by Shovelman » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:48 am

Last weekend I attended the Harrison Coal and Reclamation Park "working weekend" held in conjunction with the quarterly meeting of the Historical Construction Equipment Association Ohio Valley Chapter. At some point in the future it is hoped this Euclid TC-12 can be brought back into running condition, but it will take a lot of time and money.

All the best,

John

pushcat

Post #5 by pushcat » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:21 pm

Hello Deas:
Im going to answer this one the same as I answered it on HEF. I wish they still made the Cat D82U.
Theres nothing in the world like hearing that 13000 thumping and clattering. Not that styling ever got the job done but the 2U was probably the finest looking tractor Cat ever built in my opinion. :thumbs_up:

PS I wish KOO would sign up for this forum and tell us what his ideas on this subject would be.

Rolyd8k

Post #6 by Rolyd8k » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:18 pm

Hello Nick,on a past visit to J Brock & Sons at Thaxted they showed me a TC12 they had restored ,it had a few parts missing including a turbo, but they managed to locate or
engineer them,all it needs now is a paint job,the tractor was later sold,a big tractor with plenty of noise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nick Drew

Post #7 by Nick Drew » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:45 pm

Hi Roly,

Its great to see you posting here :thumbs_up: A BIG Welcome to you!!!

Thanks for posting the fantastic pics!!

Hope you will soon be posting some of your superb Tractor & Box photos for us all to see!!

Regards

Nick :D :D

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #8 by Holger » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:57 pm

Wow, THAT I call a Blade!!
Some resources:
How-To

Shovelman

Post #9 by Shovelman » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:22 am

Roly,

Thanks for posting the photos of "my" most-impressive dozer ever! Im really hoping that Black Rat will produce their 1:50 TC-12 in cable operated form with the coal blade in the future. If anyone is inerested; Ill be posting some photos of my latest TC-12 in the models section in later this week.

Can the guys at J. Brock be reached for possible assistance in getting the TC-12 our group owns back to running condition?

The engines are the easiest thing to repair on these great machines, but everything else is a nightmare of differing proportions. Original parts are literally non-existant! If anyone on this forum has any information of any kind concerning the transmission and final-drive for this machine and would be willing to share would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

John

Rolyd8k

Post #10 by Rolyd8k » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:28 am

John,J.Brock & Sons can be reached on 01371 830353 i,m sure they will give you any information they have,there own tractor was in a very sorry state but they managed to sort it,hears a couple pics i found of a TC12 and box,i think used for carrying wood chippings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Dozers”