Share Your Thoughts.

Discuss dozers here

martyn williams

Re: Share Your Thoughts.

Post #11 by martyn williams » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:16 pm

My favorite dozer is the D6C,the reason, the D6 was the first Cat dozer I worked on during the 1970s.The one I worked on was used on a spoil tip in Newport.
The dozer I would like to own would be a D4C 24a,or a D4D.Ithink these machines are a good size for someone with limited space to keep them.
Any picture out there of a D6C and D4.
a mate of mine in Devon has a nice D4 7J for sale,its in good order,only the mag needs servicing.

Topic author
Deas Plant

Post #12 by Deas Plant » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:59 am

Hi, B100.
Will these do? Im intrigued by the architecture on the first one, with the single blade ram. One wonders if development/construction costs might have been a factor in determining the design. LOL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

martyn williams

Post #13 by martyn williams » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:01 pm

Hello Deas
Interesting single ram set up on a Cat.Seen this on 100B dozers.I can remember helping to load a Terex dozer in Bodmin, Cornwall.That also had a single ram.We had great fun loading it because the track adjuster was not working.We had to adjust the track with a jack and hammer wooden blocks in to keep the track taught.On our way back just outside Oakhampton a car drove into the blade.No one injured,but the car was a writeoff.Then the driver nearly took a wall out.It was a lowloader owned by Wally Balsdon.Nick may of heard of them.When we got the dozer back to the yard,the adjuster ram was resealed and gassed up.Happy days.

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #14 by tctractors » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:31 pm

Heres a few pics of a TC12 tractor that is now owned by S.E.Davies. I was actually working on the D8 infront of the blade.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

catkid

Post #15 by catkid » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:41 am

Hi TC tractors I was at the SE Davis rally this summer and saw all their bygones -fantastic !! what was the red crawler next to the Euclid? a TD 21 or something?
Did you see ther Vickers Vigor when you were there?
regards Catkid

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #16 by tctractors » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:32 am

Catkid, I go to this yard often to do work, the last job was to completely strip out a D8R tractor ( Ex Army, one of those we have not yet paid the USA for?????) this tractor was pulled down to the bare carcass of a hull, even the E /spring beam was stripped down for repair, most of the work was done outside in the collection yard.
tctractors

Oldtom

Post #17 by Oldtom » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:33 pm

Shovelman wrote:Roly,

Thanks for posting the photos of "my" most-impressive dozer ever! Im really hoping that Black Rat will produce their 1:50 TC-12 in cable operated form with the coal blade in the future. If anyone is inerested; Ill be posting some photos of my latest TC-12 in the models section in later this week.

Can the guys at J. Brock be reached for possible assistance in getting the TC-12 our group owns back to running condition?

The engines are the easiest thing to repair on these great machines, but everything else is a nightmare of differing proportions. Original parts are literally non-existant! If anyone on this forum has any information of any kind concerning the transmission and final-drive for this machine and would be willing to share would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

John

I have a euc /terex work/shop manual for tc12/82/80 can copy imfo for you

TaylorLambert

Post #18 by TaylorLambert » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:52 am

Dang what a box on the TC12. Wheres that located. I miss the Allis Chalmers offerings. WHen I was 19 Mr. Olen Parsons had one that he rebuilt for use in his business. He traded some truck work for dad to come move a hill behind the church they attended for a new cemetery. Dad hadnt been on a cable rig for 25 years. About 10 minutes afgter starting he got back into the groove. I asked to give it a hand, and man it was a whole new world compared to the D5B I started on. After a few trips with me dropping the blade too fast and i got the hang of it. Theres nothing like the sound of that new 6-110 Detroit loading up. I ended up moving that hill with a smile that lasted several days. I hated to see the old girl sold but shes retired to life on a farm now. THe next favorite AC I cant call the name I was a little fella when i saw it was run by a 2-71 Detroit and it was neat little rig.

Return to “Dozers”