Bray Dozer

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Bray Dozer

Post #1 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:53 pm

My last visit to S.E. Davis was my third and I must say the place is so full of all types of classic plant that its difficult to really appreciate all thats there in such a short space of time.
Whilst I was taking a few shots of their Hymac 480 I noticed the old dozer parked next to it and climbed up to get a couple of shots of the Hymac.
I looked at the manufacturers plate on the dozer and realized that it was made by Bray. Now as most on here are probably aware Bray are more associated with loading shovels and I had no idea up to that point that they had even made any dozers :o
Furthermore when I looked into the engine compartment I was surprised to find that the powerplant was a Meadows diesel engine which had been made at Wolverhampton local to me.
Okay so I tend to be a keen excavator enthusiast but I'm starting to expand my field of interest a little and going round the yard at S.E. Davis is a great way to start.
Incidently they have two sheds that are rammed from one end to the other with classic plant, I counted over 30 machines in the one shed alone, and there is also a yard full of the larger stuff like cranes and scrapers, all good stuff :thumbup:

Jeremy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Re: Bray Dozer

Post #2 by FOWLER MAN » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:45 pm

Hi Jeremy,
The dozer in your post is a Fowler Challenger 3. Bray, Blaw-Knox and Vickers Onions all made various equipments for the Fowler range. Bray also made blades for Cat. Allis Chalmers and others.
The Challenger 3 was available with the Meadows DC630 or the Leyland 600 Engines.
I have posted a comprehensive history of the development of these Fowlers in " TRACTORS"
The thread is headed The Mighty Fowler 80.
Fred

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:52 am

Thanks Fred :thumbup: very informative :bow: its truly amazing just how these companies have worked together and how some have survived and some lost out.

Jeremy

jepics

Post #4 by jepics » Wed May 18, 2011 4:46 pm

I just spotted this photo of a Cletrac (probably a Model DD) on ebay - thought you might find it interesting!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you want to do what you want to do, you have to do what you have to do.

Topic author
Jeremy Rowland

Post #5 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed May 18, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi John and welcome to the site :wave: that is indeed an interesting picture :thumbup:

Jeremy

Return to “Dozers”