Just a few pics of Dozers i have operated.

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
sean

Just a few pics of Dozers i have operated.

Post #1 by sean » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:00 am

Here are a few dozers i have operated, the fist 6 pics are taken at Maltby Colliery when I worked for UK COAL . It's me in all the pics :oops:
Also 2 nice overviews of Maltby Colliery .
We have a Komatsu D85P & a Komatsu D65PX , I was using these on renovating part of the tip .
The next 2 pics were taken when I worked for VHE Construction renovating the old Askern Colliery site in Doncaster .
2nd from the bottom on the D8H is my good mate Bri Bentley & it's me on the D6D & Roller ,all pictures taken before the dark days of c p c s cards.
sean :thumbup:

IANOZ

Re: Just a few pics of Dozers i have operated.

Post #2 by IANOZ » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:44 pm

Great photos sean , Keep them comming . ian.

andrew campbell
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by andrew campbell » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:35 pm

Sean

What was VHE like to work for, I have heard mixed reports. I havent seen any of their machines since they had their TS24s on that job close to the M1 that would have been in 2006. I heard that Garry Hather had bought the last VHE machines.

I used to work with an ex fitter of VHE Chris Howarth he apparatnley lost a TS 14 transmission off a trailer on a roundabout and got finished over this.

He also told me the story of a dozer driver that had got the sack and on the same night left his D8K in drive up against a stack all night and cooked the transmission. He could tell a story so it may be just fable.

Topic author
sean

Post #4 by sean » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:42 pm

Dear Young Chaz,
Working for V H E was ok,most of the jobs were long term projects,all the lads knew what they wers dooing so you sort of got left alone to get on with it,the money was better than most local firms,the thing with V H E was all the kit was old and the health and safety and cliants did not seem to like it.But V H E were very good at what they did.I worked for Hather and every man was on a different rate wich caused bad feeling amongst workers :x .Dont know about the d8k story but the same thing realy happend at Maltby Colliery with an international td 25 but on returning in the morning it was still going and was ok with no damage :lol:
sean :wave:

diggerjones
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by diggerjones » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:11 pm

nothing to do with dozers but same sort of thing. mate of mine fell out with his employer. he drove a truck long distance, he fell out with them on the phone about 200 mile away. he got home rang them up and told them to stick the job and take some diesel with them when they go and pick the truck up. [ he left it running]
it tickled me

Topic author
sean

Post #6 by sean » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:40 am

Its a bitter pill to swallow when someone is payed more than you for dooing the same job, :x I got out of plant operating five years ago it was a big thing for me to do but i got fed up with the agro that comes with it and the c .p. c .s was the final push i needed,cant imagine having to put up with all that absolute crap of all these differant coulour cards n stuff and being riped off,The good days are gone :| .
sean :)

XCAV8TOR

Post #7 by XCAV8TOR » Thu May 27, 2010 10:34 am

sean wrote:Dear Young Chaz,
Working for V H E was ok,most of the jobs were long term projects,all the lads knew what they wers dooing so you sort of got left alone to get on with it,the money was better than most local firms,the thing with V H E was all the kit was old and the health and safety and cliants did not seem to like it.But V H E were very good at what they did.I worked for Hather and every man was on a different rate wich caused bad feeling amongst workers :x .Dont know about the d8k story but the same thing realy happend at Maltby Colliery with an international td 25 but on returning in the morning it was still going and was ok with no damage :lol:
sean :wave:

Hi Sean .... Well i too have worked for both V H E (very hard earned ) ... And Gary Hather ... And i know which one i would rather work for .... And it wouldn't be VERY HARD EARNED that's for sure

Return to “Dozers”