D5B pics

Discuss dozers here

Topic author
TaylorLambert

D5B pics

Post #1 by TaylorLambert » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:01 am

Heres a couple pics of the D5B I operate at the landfill dad an I run. Dad has run this machine almost17 years now. Hes been running it alot less in his olderyears as im taking over. I started runnin the 762 paddle wheel scraper for him on the weekends out there when I was 14 for some side money. And full time on school breaks like the 3 months summer vacations. Dad started putting me on the dozer more and more. During that time around 96 the Deere dealer was pushing us to get a JD750 hydrostat. Dad told him he couldnt beat the D5. The dealer told pops that the 750 out weighed and out powered the D5. We tried them both and the JD was a complete pig to me. We have alot of sand and dad put me in the deere and took the Cat side by side to hog some dirt down to the toe of a slope to make a scraper ramp. I couldnt keep up with my old man on the Cat. The 750 ould squeal and hum and even when my older brother came to run it dad had him out done. They have come a long way since then, and I have run a similar aged 750 building log roads without a problem since then.
I really ejoy the older machine, recently used my brothers D39P Komatu and though i liked it and it was nice in the rain I was happy when mine came in from the shop. I did however have an accident last spring. We had a seal fail in the pump shaft and it was dripping oil. I do most of the mechanic work but didnt have time to fix it. Our local shop wanted to take it in and service it and clean out the pans. I was loading like I have several times before dad had told me to becareful he said it was slick out today. I told him dont mind, Ive load ed it many times on that trailer for the trucking company. As they say famous last words I loaded on top of the trailer that had air suspension. I didnt know they had it jacked up. I got loaded and set the brake and was idling an then had the thing slide off with me. Its hopefully the last time for that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martyn williams

Re: D5B pics

Post #2 by martyn williams » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:29 pm

Thank god for rops,
Martyn

alan627b

Post #3 by alan627b » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:35 am

Made the oil change and undercarriage inspection a bit easier! Just kidding, they don't call me "Flipper" for nothing....

Alan627b
Retro Grading, We Do Modern Jobs with Antique Machinery

Louis 955 jr

Post #4 by Louis 955 jr » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:49 pm

Don't feel bad i've done that before loading our 977 on a beavertail trailer. I was scared to load it for a while, but I'm back to loading her. A good experience like that makes you be more careful haha.

Topic author
TaylorLambert

Post #5 by TaylorLambert » Sat May 15, 2010 6:26 am

Heres another one from work. For May this was a cold foggy morning at the landfill. A few hours after taken I lost the blade in the rubbish when the trunion balls wore down. Had to build them up with my welder till we get the parts in. The compactor is a home conversion. It was what was called a 518 Turn Around. Basically a Cat skidder that was sold as rolling stock to another company that made the lift arms and turned the controls around and added a FLECO Shear We bought it from our neighbor and removed the shear and adapted a blade from 290M Clark Scraper. We made the wheels for it. All for less than a set of used wheels. I have a few more pics of the pair in tandem working a lift.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Dozers”