Confused

How can we improve CMN? Please post your suggestions here!
Do you have problems with the site? Post here!
Do you have problems with the registration or problems to log in? Contact us at webmaster (at) classicmachinery.net

Also check out our How-To!

Topic author
birdman

Confused

Post #1 by birdman » Mon May 04, 2009 10:45 am

Hi,
To me and this is just my opinion, I feel that there are to many separate topic subjects, at times I am not to sure where to post a topic, then when you post it soon gets lost if not under the right topic, this is what is putting me of this forum and why I don't post very often, if you don't post under either the first three, under Earthmoving then a topic just gets lost in the rest, I am sure there are some great topics in there but there just seams to much to trawl through. Anyway that is my opinion for what it's worth, probably will never be read, but hey that's life.

Steve.

Topic author
birdman

Re: Confused

Post #2 by birdman » Mon May 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re subject "confused" I posted this in the Admin section- Support & Suggestions- Announcements- I Need Your Feedback and for some reason the topic has ended up here!!! totaly confused :? :dizzy:

Steve

Nick Drew

Post #3 by Nick Drew » Mon May 04, 2009 11:45 am

birdman wrote:Hi,
To me and this is just my opinion, I feel that there are to many separate topic subjects, at times I am not to sure where to post a topic, then when you post it soon gets lost if not under the right topic, this is what is putting me of this forum and why I don't post very often, if you don't post under either the first three, under Earthmoving then a topic just gets lost in the rest, I am sure there are some great topics in there but there just seams to much to trawl through. Anyway that is my opinion for what it's worth, probably will never be read, but hey that's life.

Steve.

Well I am sorry to hear that you find the site confusing Steve :dizzy:

I have to say in CMN's defense we have never had any complaints from any one else on this matter, in fact on many occasions members have asked for more topic headings.

I guess we can't please everyone all the time ;)

Nick :|

Topic author
birdman

Post #4 by birdman » Mon May 04, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi NIck,

Thanks for the reply, as I stated at the beginning this is my opinion and not a complaint I do find the forum a great source of information and as I said I am sure there are some great subjects in there that may or may not be under the wrong heading.

Steve.

Neversweat
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by Neversweat » Mon May 04, 2009 12:33 pm

birdman wrote:Hi NIck,

Thanks for the reply, as I stated at the beginning this is my opinion and not a complaint I do find the forum a great source of information and as I said I am sure there are some great subjects in there that may or may not be under the wrong heading.Steve.

Have you any examples :?: I've had problems deciding which heading to post pictures under when it contains more than i type of machine - for instance i took some pctures by the Thames that showed a JCB 3c (loaders/backhoes) - a Crane (Cranes) and a Poclain (Excavators) :dizzy: In the end i stuck them in Misc earthmoving equipment :D
Not being a "Plant" man doesn't help me either :thumbs_up:

Steve

newjcb123uk

Post #6 by newjcb123uk » Mon May 04, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi Steve - I find that the forum works well when you use "view active topics" every time you visit. This allows you to see all recent topics in the vast array of headings available. Sure some topics cross over and get side-tracked from even their original intended content - but that's just what happens even in normal conversation. :D

All conversations are recorded and can be easily looked up in the forum search engine - so if theres something youve missed or want to look up even from months ago then this is easily done. The nice thing about this is that even resurfacing an old topic puts it into the "active topic" section and it continuies to grow. :thumbs_up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A man reaps what he sows"

Topic author
birdman

Post #7 by birdman » Mon May 04, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi Guys,

Steve, I know what you mean, I posted a topic a few days ago about improvement to the works I work at, this has a lot of photos of various bits of plant i.e. drilling/piling rigs, ADT's excavators, dozer's etc and other bits and pieces was not sure where to post, did not want to post under several different topics, so I opted for Workplaces-topic Wastewater treatment works improvements.

Chris, many thanks for the search tips, will give them a try.

Steve.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #8 by Holger » Mon May 04, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi Steve,

you also have the possibility to subscribe and bookmark interesting topics:

subscribe_bookmark_topic.jpg

I am very happy about such feedback, this is the only possibility to develop the forums.

/Holger
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Some resources:
How-To

spod

Post #9 by spod » Mon May 04, 2009 9:34 pm

newjcb123uk your attachment says it all . :lol: Hysterical how did you do that

Return to “Support and Suggestions”