HANIX DIGGER/DUMPER CONCEPT - EXCELLENT.

Discuss all other compact equipment and attachments here

Topic author
newjcb123uk

HANIX DIGGER/DUMPER CONCEPT - EXCELLENT.

Post #1 by newjcb123uk » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:51 pm

Has anyone ever come accross this before??? I have made a few model sketches and scale models of such a concept only to find I'd been beaten to it. Bought his little beauty on e-bay and it was a "had to have it no matter what"buy.

Get this spec:

Rubber tracks
Normal & high-tip dumper
360 zero tail swing
Knuckle boom
Dozer blade

Absolutley genuinely 2 machines in one. I'm so chuffed with it so far and its only got 1000 hours on it from new :D . The name on it S&B derives back from the orginal Nissan (mini digger co) only to be changed to Hanix in the 90s.

I really dont know if this is a one of prototype (x1) or did Hanix market them??

Any comments lads???? :thumbs_up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A man reaps what he sows"

John Gaunt
Flag: Great Britain

Re: HANIX DIGGER/DUMPER CONCEPT - EXCELLENT.

Post #2 by John Gaunt » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:35 am

Hi, What an interesting machine, :thumbs_up: and looks to be in very good order :thumbs_up: . The concept looks ideal for a small business or one man band, or wealthy DIY finatic. Are they still made ? (I havn't seen anything like this before myself).

XS650

Post #3 by XS650 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:12 am

Looks like fun ,seen a few self loading wheeled dumpers with backactor attached ,Liner made one,but wouldn't the dumper bit get in the way in tight situations and wouldn't it be a pain having to re position the digger every time you went off to the spoil heap, and wouldn't sometimes it be handy to use the dumper somewhere else on site. Mr negative. :D
Last edited by XS650 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not all those who wander are lost.

XS650

Post #4 by XS650 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:13 am

Looks like fun ,seen a few self loading wheeled dumpers with backactor attached ,Liner made one,but wouldn't the dumper bit get in the way in tight situations and wouldn't it be a pain having to re position the digger every time you went off to the spoil heap, and wouldn't sometimes it be handy to use the dumper somewhere else on site. Mr negative. :D
Not all those who wander are lost.

IBH

Post #5 by IBH » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:00 pm

Without this forum i'd probably never see images of rare machines like this Hanix :thumbs_up:

The closest combination i've seen to that Hanix is the Irish 'Dumphoe' (see below).
I see with the Hanix that it's tracks are more like a compact tracked loader's than standard mini excavator tracks.
If I had one of those were I work and for a quite a bit of the work of been involved in that Hanix would be ideal (with an Engcon Tiltorator fitted I could get so much done) but the powers to be wouldn't let me use it because they would be able to decide if I needed a CPCS card for a mini excavator or forward tip dumper or both!

URL of the original image: http://homepage.eircom.net/~morrison/dumphoe/NewStuff/sitework7.jpg

Localdiggers.co.uk

Post #6 by Localdiggers.co.uk » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:57 pm

was the hanix in manchester? i remember seeing the same machine on ebay, maybe 6 weeks ago or so, it impressed me then. ideal way to move earth on a limited space site. i'd love to own it.

IBH

Post #7 by IBH » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:51 pm

Newjcb123uk, i've stumbled across a possible reference to the same type of Hanix you have above from 1990:
JCB introduced smaller and larger machines to its existing product lines at SED this week. Slotting in below the world famous 3CX comes the 4.5 tonne, 2CX backhoe loader with all wheel drive and all wheel steer. And moving up from the 712 articulated dumptruck is the 716 model with 16 tonne capacity.
Brown and Tawse introduced the Hanix S and BX1 combined excavator and dumper bringing a note of variety to the exhibits.
Construction News 26th April 1990

Topic author
newjcb123uk

Post #8 by newjcb123uk » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:59 pm

1990 IBH very interesting - I was begining to think the X1 stood for experimental one ;) but I'm still guessing that only a handful were made- with the amount of machines I've looked at (and I'm a top annorack) and with the amount of machines other members of this site have looked at I've never seen or heard of another example.

So good find IBH thanks :thumbup: Must do some further investigations. PS: I've added this particular machine to my personal collection and am in the process of constructing a fully glazed cab for it :D
"A man reaps what he sows"

martyn williams

Post #9 by martyn williams » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:22 pm

Looks a very usefull machine.

DaveS

Post #10 by DaveS » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:21 pm

I think the same machine was exhibited at the Royal Highland Show some years ago. I've got photos somewhere ................

Dave. S.

Return to “Misc Compact Equipment/Attachments”