Road plannings

Discuss compact excavators here

Topic author
Julian

Road plannings

Post #1 by Julian » Sat May 05, 2012 11:03 am

I've discovered that leaving them in a heap for two years causes them to set hard :( My little Mitsubishi 2 ton digger struggles to get a bucket full of the stuff, it does but requires much playing with the levers and the thing tends to pull itself over the ground.

After I've loaded the dumper and moved the plannings to where I want them the digger bucket goes straight through them like they weren't there! I take it this is normal for road plannings?

Julian

v8detroit
Flag: Ireland

Re: Road plannings

Post #2 by v8detroit » Sat May 05, 2012 2:45 pm

Julian wrote:I've discovered that leaving them in a heap for two years causes them to set hard :( My little Mitsubishi 2 ton digger struggles to get a bucket full of the stuff, it does but requires much playing with the levers and the thing tends to pull itself over the ground.

After I've loaded the dumper and moved the plannings to where I want them the digger bucket goes straight through them like they weren't there! I take it this is normal for road plannings?

Julian

you realy need to use straight away if it gets warm it sets great stuff for a yard but needs to be leveled straight away ;)

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by bigkit » Sat May 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Thats normal Julian :) ............look on the brightside tho', once the road is down it lasts! :lol: (much better than type 1 and half the cost!!!) :thumbup:

jcb4cx

Post #4 by jcb4cx » Sat May 05, 2012 9:13 pm

i know of a man who stockpiled around a 1000 ton ,pushing it up with his teleporter
i used to have to go round with the 4cx and scrape a load out with the foot bucket it had packed so hard from him driving on it while pushing it up
every village has one , is yours missing you

modelman093

Post #5 by modelman093 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:43 pm

When using them for the yard or roadways, spread, spray a bit of diesel over them and roll - gives a good durable surface.

Topic author
Julian

Post #6 by Julian » Sun May 06, 2012 11:47 am

modelman093 wrote:When using them for the yard or roadways, spread, spray a bit of diesel over them and roll - gives a good durable surface.

Yep, I've tried that before but used 28 seconds paraffin as I was a bit low on Diesel! These days with most of the work done I'm more into a patching and repairing process and creating 'hard' areas just inside field gateways so the effing horses don't churn it all up.

It is good stuff and the last full 8 wheeler load I got was costing about £100 in notes ;) I guess that's an OK price?

Julian.

Return to “Compact Excavators”