Takeuchi Excavators

Discuss compact excavators here

penfold

Re: Takeuchi Excavators

Post #31 by penfold » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:15 am

Hello to you all,

I'm a newbie on here and will introduce myself properly on introductions,

Jut wanted to ask/say Takeuchis are excelent to operate and excellent for grading but seem to be made of cheese in the fact that the pins and bushes ware for fun, from kingpost to bucket,
i'v had a few and all suffer from soft cheese syndrome,
its not as though there not greased they got/get greased daily,

Kubotas on the other hand are IMO the best in terms of build and dont suffer from the soft cheese, and are fantastic to operate,

I have a 200 hour tb125 and a 1500 hour kx61 and the tb has play in all pins the kub is as tight as new,

Thanks

IANOZ

Post #32 by IANOZ » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:47 pm

Hi paul, Do you mean to say the salesman I talked to LIED!!!!!! I was told takeuchi excavator pins were over sized and over engineered and they DONT WEAR, Maybe this is why, when told they had a 4500hour trade in machine comming .I asked them to ring me so i could test drive it but i did not get a phone call. My thinking says ALL new machines are nice . get on one with 4500 hours on it and see what the future holds for you in a couple of years time . I had a IHI75F, got it in 1993 with 350hours on the clock .REtired it in 2006 with the intension of tidying it up and keeping as a spare machine. THAT as usual didnt happen.BOUGHT a top of the range so far ahead of its timeJCB 8080 , WELL so the salesman told me. Shit no ,not another salesman that lied. I have met one sales man that didnt lie , Unfortunatly he sold me a second hand 1999 JCB3CX .WE have owned 3 jcb backhoes and all 3 suffered narsty wireing faults. NOW my wonderfull 8080s computer has had a computer shut down and die .I was pinning all my hopes on a takeuchi as i was told they are the last 8ton excavator built in the world to NOT HAVE A COMPUTER IN IT. 20 days sense it broke down i await ITs rebirth. Has any one out there got MR BANFORDS email address I would REALLY LIKE TO TELL HIM WHAT IN THINK OF HIS WONDERFULL PRODUCTS Sorry about the spelling but its 3 am and i am pissed off and stuffed, NOW NICK are takeuchis as bad as paul makes out or is he just having a dummy spit too!!! . iI guess every one would have a horror story about every single brand out there. Owner operator i know always had case backhoes , then bought a cat because case would not givehim a good tradein price. Went back to case as cat stopped using case hoes and would not put case 3lever controls on their all cat backhoe. Bought a JCB 3CX because new holland took over case and no way was he going to drive a FORD backhoe . Told me 3cx best machine he had operated. THE other day I see him in his new backhoe A NEW HOLLAND as the yanks would say GO FIGURE. THanks for listening .ian.

Robban_C

Post #33 by Robban_C » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:00 am

Cool down Ian. We all understand if you are frustrated having a machine broken down, especially if it is a computer trouble. And everyone that has had a broken machine "suffer with you" (if you can say that in English?).
I guess it wasn´t intentional but don´t take it out in the forummembers.
And remember that one machine or one owner doesn´t make a big quality problem. It takes several machines with the same problem and having different owners to make a real quality problem.

About diggers without computers:
I have heard that there are no computers in the Neuson diggers. They have a very good reputation in Sweden but I don´t know if they can be found where you live.
And I know that there are no computers in Volvo ECR88 (and ECR58). ECR88 is a zerotail 9 (or 8,5?) ton excavator. It has an offset boom and it can be fitted with rubber or steel tracks. I have driven a few of them and I like them although I have heard some reports about people thinking they are unstable. But that might come from the first models before they where renamed ECR88 Plus. The Plus-models has extra counterweight (not Zerotail but close enough) and different chain- and idler wheels in the u/c to increase stability. Plus-models also got improvements in the hydraulics and in the cooling system.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

IANOZ

Post #34 by IANOZ » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:42 pm

HEY penfold and nick drew , still didnt get an answer back .Are they a good machine or not . Did you find the pins and bushs show early wear nick?? OR ARE THE japanese just getting revenge back on JCB for sending their less than average machines over here. THIS machine of mine is going to break me if things keep going the way they are. ITS tough enough to make a living in these times without having a machine that has been broken down for a month and still going nowhere for another week as someone stuffed up the order. NO agro towards you guys . IT does realy amaze me if you read the posts about JCBs how many say what utter dogs some of them are.IT could be a cunning plan , IF you build SH*t machines noone will want to take YOU over. anyway i have a800 km drive in my truck tomorrow . I await your answers. ian.

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #35 by Nick Drew » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:42 pm

IANOZ wrote:HEY penfold and nick drew , still didnt get an answer back .Are they a good machine or not . Did you find the pins and bushs show early wear nick?? OR ARE THE japanese just getting revenge back on JCB for sending their less than average machines over here. THIS machine of mine is going to break me if things keep going the way they are. ITS tough enough to make a living in these times without having a machine that has been broken down for a month and still going nowhere for another week as someone stuffed up the order. NO agro towards you guys . IT does realy amaze me if you read the posts about JCBs how many say what utter dogs some of them are.IT could be a cunning plan , IF you build SH*t machines noone will want to take YOU over. anyway i have a800 km drive in my truck tomorrow . I await your answers. ian.

"Hey" Ianoz,

As I said in the very early stages of this thread I am a massive fan of Takeuchi machines and I cannot find fault with them!!! I have never experienced early pin or bush wear in any of them that I have operated, so I can only assume that Penfold has been unlucky with his Take-ees :dizzy:

As for the JCB mini range I would not want one as a gift!! Jerky hydraulics on everyone I have ever operated and not the best build quality in the world.
Like everything in life tho it is down to personal choice ! You pays your money & takes your chance!!

Nick :thumbs_up:

IANOZ

Post #36 by IANOZ » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:34 am

HI nick, SEEM like awfully bad luck that the poor bugger has had a couple of them with the same problem.The only thing i think could be a problem for me with the takeuchi is the boom sideshift. I carry my excavator in the back of my tipper,I have 4.7 of lenght of tray and have to close the tailgate so i dont get fined.I slew the JCB boom to the left then slew the machine to the right and with the bucket sitting on the floor in front of the blade i sit the quick hitch on top of the buckets .Ican then shut the tailgate ,not be overwith or over height.Takeuchi s idea looks good that you are not sittng sideways looking over your shoulder to dig but it may not reduce the lenght the same way as the backhoe slew idea on the JCB. MY last machine was a 1992 IHI75F. IT is a japanese brand ,i dont know if you get them over there IF salesmen where not lying A** holes i would not own a JCB . They do have a good reputation of here with the backhoes apart from the aussie view '' than its built by poms so you have got to make allowances for them'' MY IHI was 2.2 mts wide and my truck 2.320 inside JCB salesman said it was 2.3 wide but when it got here it was2.320 wide ,same as hitachi cat & komatsu ,who i had ruled out because they were to wide. All of the above have dealers or fitter service here JCB is 550 kms Away,{dont worry about that the salesman said,i am the cental queensland area manager,you have any problems iWILL sort them straight away !!] NEVER seen or heard from him again. IAN.

newjcb123uk

Post #37 by newjcb123uk » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:19 am

Have to agree with you Nick on the Takeuchi (Take-E-Hooch-EE) minis - a totally excellent machine and so so so fast I must say :bow: . The machine becomes part of your thinking brain it is so responsive. I used to think the cab was a bit basic inside but realise that basic switches etc are ideal for the self drive hire market. On an artistic front - think how many more they'd sell if they were bright yellow or even orange - Ahhh such a fickle world :mrgreen:

:doh: :doh: :doh: (oh look a new smiliee)
"A man reaps what he sows"

IANOZ

Post #38 by IANOZ » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:43 pm

HI chris, I remember a salesman telling me and i can not even remember what brand of machine he was selling, but he said our machines arent yellow, WE DONT SELL LEMONS. Could be something in that hey!!! I dont get the chance to operate many other brands of machinery and salesmen bring pamphlets not demo machines About 100km from here is a takeuchi dealer ,i sat it one with the motor running and that was about it .TOO big a problem to get it out where it was packeted in like sardines in a tin with the rest of the machines to give it a real go and as i said when i first posted o this thread , still waiting for a phone call to have a proper demo. IAN.

IANOZ

Post #39 by IANOZ » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:50 pm

I DO GET SICK of posting posts to follow my own, WOULD have been nice to get some sort of follow up from penfold but as the song goes what ever will be will be. HAD a takeuchi salesman turn up yesterday,ITS not his area but he says the of sales man who's area it is isn't on the ball. I guess that is why i am still waiting for a phone call from him. ANY way how do you guys move the excavators about ? I have a tandem drive hino tip truck and i have aluminium ramps that i use to load the 8 ton machine. ian.

d4c24a

Post #40 by d4c24a » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:56 pm

IANOZ wrote:I DO GET SICK of posting posts to follow my own, WOULD have been nice to get some sort of follow up from penfold but as the song goes what ever will be will be. HAD a takeuchi salesman turn up yesterday,ITS not his area but he says the of sales man who's area it is isn't on the ball. I guess that is why i am still waiting for a phone call from him. ANY way how do you guys move the excavators about ? I have a tandem drive hino tip truck and i have aluminium ramps that i use to load the 8 ton machine. ian.

spend a bit of time looking through old post,s and you will find :thumbs_up:
in the correct topic too :lol:
Hook lift trailer for the MB-Trac/EC35 combo
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Return to “Compact Excavators”