Takeuchi Excavators

Discuss compact excavators here

catnick

Re: Takeuchi Excavators

Post #21 by catnick » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:47 pm

Have driven a couple of TB125s, lovely little machines. Being a bricklayer I dont drive many machines, but they were so easy to drive, got the hang of them very quickly. A great fan of JCB, but if I were to buy a mini digger, probably opt for Takeuchi. Driven a couple of other makes as well, but not a patch on Takeuchi.

Nick

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #22 by Nick Drew » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi Catnick!! Great name by the way!! :thumbs_up:

A big welcome to CMN and thanks for posting here.

Yes I totally agree with you Takeuchi are without doubt the best mini excavators :thumbs_up: ;)

Nick :mrgreen:

tone_rmz250

Post #23 by tone_rmz250 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:30 am

yeah il 2nd that! to be honest jcb's mini range is awful to drive (in my opinion)!

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #24 by Nick Drew » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:09 pm

Here is a brand new Takeuchi TB145 that I am going to be operating for a while, it was delivered today and I will start operating it from tomorrow on a self employed basis.

I was kind of hoping to get my own new 13 ton machine on hire to this company ADS Groundworks but for the moment they have decided to buy there own small machine, but I am optimistic that in time there will be an opening for my machine plans :thumbs_up:

In the meantime I will enjoy running and looking after this cracking little machine :D

tone_rmz250

Post #25 by tone_rmz250 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:35 pm

looks a beauty mate i hate the first dig/blade with a new machine, the paints all shinny and fresh and 1 bucket full and it all goes away! haha but thats just me SAD! :thumbs_up:

Topic author
Nick Drew

Post #26 by Nick Drew » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:47 pm

Well the new Takeuchi got a bit dirty today on my first day on it !!

I know its been said before but they really are fantastic little machines :thumbs_up:

I find it amazing that before these latest grey & red models dealers were hard pushed to sell the Takeuchi range :o

Wilko

Post #27 by Wilko » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:47 pm

Here are the machines in our small hire fleet :)

TB 108

TB 016 Canopy

TB 016 Cab

TB 125

IBH

Post #28 by IBH » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:39 am

Nice photos and the Takeuchi's look well cared for :thumbs_up:

Tracshovel
Flag: France

Post #29 by Tracshovel » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:53 pm

Good little topic here.

To answer some of our Scandinavian friends questions about tilting buckets and rotators not used or wanted on UK spec machines.

Most of these machines are out on plant hire (rental) - We would not get any more hire/rental rate if it had a tilt/rotator on it! What we would get is more problems - more damage, more hassle. The extra cost of the rotator would not be recovered in the hire rate or life time running cost of the machine. Hire companies don't want to push them because then all the customers would want them - again for no extra cost.

Another factor is that many of the operators of these machines are either new starts, just passed their ticket or just thick. To give them a tilt/rotator to work would be the end of them. They have enough problems holding on to the hire as it is. (we do have some top class drivers on machines but they are getting thin on the ground these days)

Robban_C

Post #30 by Robban_C » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:57 pm

Thanks Trac for your explanation. :thumbs_up:

The market in Scandinavia looks quite different. Most machines are driven by their owners. We talk about "one machine owners". They drive their own machines and usually no one else drives that machine. I am one of those one machine owners. My machine are almost only driven by me or my dad.

So I would say that a one machine owner (if there are any) in GB should have a tiltrotator or at least a tilting grading bucket. That would give them a competitive edge.
And I totally agree that the rental fleet only should have "stiff" buckets. :thumbs_up:
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Return to “Compact Excavators”