Pel Job/ Volvo mini excavators

Discuss compact excavators here

Topic author
Nick Drew

Pel Job/ Volvo mini excavators

Post #1 by Nick Drew » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:35 pm

Today I spotted this Pel Job mini excavator in the familiar Volvo colours for sale in a plant sales yard I visited today.

Am I right in thinking that you said you once had one of these Robban C??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Robban_C

Re: Pel Job/ Volvo mini excavators

Post #2 by Robban_C » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:57 pm

Nick Drew wrote:... Am I right in thinking that you said you once had one of these Robban C??

No. Not that I once had one. But that I have one now. Not a PelJob but a Volvo. What´s the difference? Almost no one. Volvo bought PelJob to get the plant and probably to get market shares. So from about -99 or so all compact Peljobs are Volvos.
The PelJobs where orange from the beginning. After Volvo bought it they became yellow but still where called PelJob for one year. Next year they became Volvo named. And year by year there are less PelJob and more Volvo in them.
And from the short radius ECR-series and the brand new EC35C they are 100% Volvo constructions.

I can´t see from your photo what size it is but it might be an EC35, just as mine. But the boom ram looks tiny making me think that it can be an EC30. Also the bucket and shaft rams seems small. And the boom seems tiny.
The 30 has a slightly smaller cabin but you can´t see the difference on a photo.
Oh, now I see. The boom is much more central to the cabin than on the 35. This tells med that it might even be an EC25. Or a PelJob EB 256 or whatever they are called.
It´s definitely not an EC20 as they are just the width of the cabin.

The machine on your photo has the long dipper stick, I whish that my had that to but it doesn´t.
The grey colour has shaded so much on "your" machine that it seems to have lived all its life outside.
And the tracks are after market ones. Not Volvo original. They might be good anyway but some after market tracks have even spaced insides of the tracks making the machine travel "jumpy" while Volvo (and probably some after market ones as well) have uneven spaced tracks making the machine travel smoother.
Something has probably happened with the hydraulic tubing on the boom to the bucket rams retracting chamber. The hose shuldn´t be hanging like that.

The lack of hydraulic quick connects on the dipper tells me that the hydraulics is of the cheap type. No grading hydraulics. No grapple hydraulics. No hydraulic hammer hydraulics.
This tells me that it might be an ex rental machine. Right or wrong? What does "Holmes" on the boom tell you?
And I think that there should be a working light on the boom but this might also be a cheapo modification.

Wasn´t this much more information than anyone of you out there needs? :mrgreen:

Oh, and thanks for the photo! :thumbs_up:
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:33 pm

Hi Folks,

Thought I'd post this pic of a Volvo ECR88 that I came across working along side the Severn Valley Railway. The guy in the pic is the operator and no he's not doing what you think it looks like :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Neversweat
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by Neversweat » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:29 pm

This is Graham (d4c24a) looking for 20p he dropped in my Garden :D :D

Cheers
Steve :lol: :thumbs_up:

Robban_C

Post #5 by Robban_C » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:23 pm

That is an EC55B, isn´t it?
They are very nice although a little slow (in an owners eye :mrgreen: ).

It looks really big in that garden but you need some muscle to find 20p i guess. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Cat Traxcavator
Flag: Canada

Post #6 by Cat Traxcavator » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:33 am

dose any one have pics of a pel job made bobcat

Return to “Compact Excavators”