JCB 801 hydraulic Spools/Valve

Discuss compact excavators here

Topic author
JBASport
Flag: Great Britain

JCB 801 hydraulic Spools/Valve

Post #1 by JBASport » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:38 pm

I had problems with the slewing on my JCB 801 machine. Being very old the clevis pins had worn that attached to the valve/spool assemblies. I stripped out the unit hat operates the dozer blade so I could get to the slew connections. I drilled out the holes on the arms to take larger clevis pins and take out the slack. On re-assembly a couple of months after I stripped it down, found there was a pin on the arm of dozer blade, it looks as though it should connect with the adjacent spool/valve arm, but the pin is too large to fit into the hole! For the life of me, cannot remember if it was or how it was fitted. as cannot find any left over bits (normally do). Would ally appreciate any advice, as I am stuck. I have attached some pictures that will hopefully show what I am trying to convey. Thanks, Terry

Gerard

Re: JCB 801 hydraulic Spools/Valve

Post #2 by Gerard » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:34 pm

I have had a quick look through the downloads section. Although I don’t see your model listed it may pay to have a look at the JCB section for reference. Have you started the machine yet? Process of elimination. Does any function not work when you pull a lever or does a function work but it should be a different one? I’m guessing nothing was marked on strip down? If you move a lever to find out what that cable does? Or where do the hoses go to on that spool?

Return to “Compact Excavators”