New Komatsu HRD Thompsons

Discuss demolition equipment here

micko
Flag: Great Britain

Re: New Komatsu HRD Thompsons

Post #11 by micko » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:33 am

Hi Gavin
Yes i took the photos with a Canon 5IS this has a screen that can be angled. So photos 5 & 6 were taken at Tesco side with camera held above my head and over the top of the mesh gate with screen angled down so i could see what i was taking.
The 750 shots were taken through the open mesh gate and the closeups of the attachement were taken standing on the top of the 1 metre high wall around Tesco car park again with camera held above my head. The shot below was taken from the side nearest the Metro Station the wooden gate has a hole cut out where the lock is
i was last there on the 29/3/09 so things might have changed
Mick

Gavin Phillips

Post #12 by Gavin Phillips » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:43 am

Hi Micko

Thanks for that, I'll wander up there at some point today to have a look. Hopefully I'll get some decent pictures worth posting here. Its probably been moved by now though...

Tesco carpark is going to be closed soon so grab 'em while you can.
Look out that window, Eden isn't burning. Its burnt.

Gavin Phillips

Post #13 by Gavin Phillips » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Well I finally got to see this new machine, although not from a good enough viewpoint for any pictures. To be honest, I thought it'd be a bit larger considering its based on a PC750...oh well I'll just have to try and get down sometime during next week and see if the gate is open or perhaps the machine is in a more favourable position.

So ok I missed the new machine, but I did manage to capture this one using the over-the-barrier & tilt screen on my Sony A350, an older HRD based on a CAT 350L which caught my eye; this is located right next to the tall black building belonging to Newcastle University. I'm not sure what the buildings were that are being demolished. Thompson's 350L HRD's seem to be pretty common, they had a 350LME years ago at a demo job at the Regent Centre in Gosforth. Exactly how the ME version differs from the standard 350L long reach machine; I'm not sure.

Better luck with the Komatsu machine next time I guess! There's a distinct lack of good vantage points around that site, it was hard enough getting a decent picture of the carpark initially...nice view from the top though.
Look out that window, Eden isn't burning. Its burnt.

Return to “Demolition Equipment”