First post, cable shovel in Russia.

Discuss construction equipment attachments here

Topic author
dozeron

First post, cable shovel in Russia.

Post #1 by dozeron » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:26 am

I was sent this photo a number of years ago by Benjamin Beytekin. I think hes from Sweden. I hope he dosent mind me putting it up. Its taken in Russia and looks very like a 110-RB to me but what that item is hanging off the dipper, I dont know, does anyone have an idea?
dozeron.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Re: First post, cable shovel in Russia.

Post #2 by Holger » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:30 pm

Look s like such a thing:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Some resources:
How-To

Niklas Eriksson

Post #3 by Niklas Eriksson » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:10 pm

Yup a clam bucket was my thought also. First time I seen one mounted on a shovel...
//Niklas Eriksson

Topic author
dozeron

Post #4 by dozeron » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:42 am

I reckon you guys are right but seeing it on a navvy is rather strange. Worked in an open-cast coalmine here in NZ in the 1960s. The company operated three 120-RB navvys that had been destined to go to Russia. For some reason, I think it was political they ended up in NZ, bought by the Government. The controls and any markings in the machines were in Russian, quite strange to look at. They operated for manay many years before being scrapped and I seem to recall being buried in the overburden tiphead. Apparently it wasnt worth the cost of the Oxy-acetlene gas to cut them up!!
Dozeron.

rayman

Post #5 by rayman » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:29 am

old rusky shovel. I showed this to an old hard rock miner, he says it could well be a "helmet" or sometimes called a "bell" its placed over a large rock before blasting, especially when in precious or semi precious stone country. to contain the samples. The rocks would be taken to the machine. holes drilled and charged then loaded before that thing is placed over. As can be seen it is the basics of a bucket, bail-some of the sides and back and "the Thing" suspended from 4 corners.
Dozeron, I did my time with M.O.W. 52-57 and remember those R-Bs, two at Weavers Crossing and was on the erection of the one down at Bennydale. Now that is a very forgettable place !!!!! Where were you??
russia b.jpg

Topic author
dozeron

Post #6 by dozeron » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:05 am

Hi Ray.
Im from the Waikato, did my time with the MOW at Rotowaro, Huntly, Hamilton then Kaimai Tunnel until 1976. Went to Huntly as Mech O/Seer and was at Huntly West Mine until being made redundant in 87, then at Waihi with Cyprus Gold & Coeur Gold until 1996. Wife & I sold up and came to Aussie. Now completely out of the trade. Will be retiring at Xmas 08 and intend to purchase a 5th wheeler and tour Aus for a couple of years, then who knows and who cares!! What about yourself?
Dozeron

rayman

Post #7 by rayman » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:56 am

Dozeron, you must have been with Brian Naylor at Lincoln st. Frankton. drop me a note on seven_d3 at yahoo com au so we can talk without jamming this board.

my old home in N.Z.
My home.JPG
I feel I am still there now

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #8 by Holger » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:32 am

rayman wrote:drop me a note on seven_d3 at yahoo com au so we can talk without jamming this board.

Feel free to use the offtopic area for chatting.
It would be very interesting! :thumbs_up:
Some resources:
How-To

Shovelman

Post #9 by Shovelman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:24 am

Ron,

Please forgive the late response to this thread, but Ive never taken the time to look at the entire sight until now. That is a configuration Ive never seen. I have to say that I agree that it looks more like a clamshell set-up than an explosive shield. It would be fantastic to have some video of this thing in action!

All the best,

John

Return to “Construction Equipment Attachments”