hydrovane 90d

Discuss construction equipment here

martyn williams

Re: hydrovane 90d

Post #21 by martyn williams » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:37 am

Stop procedure is
Idle engine for a minute,pull stop till engine shuts down
The Warning notice tells you , Not to vent the air cocks ( relese the pressurised air ) or lift the relief lever on the air end when you shut the engine down.
Martyn
PS if this is not done you could get oil carry over into intake filter. a fine mist out of the filter is a sign when shut sown

Bryan Penback

Post #22 by Bryan Penback » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Many thanks Martyn for engine stop instructions. Will follow that of course. What does strike me as odd is the suddenness of engine stopping and hence the concern about the warning sign!

What part of SW are you located?

martyn williams

Post #23 by martyn williams » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:27 pm

15 mile north of Cardiff. I was working on my Hydrovane today checking antifreeze strength and making a minor adjustment to air pressure,the adjuster had run back a touch.
Martyn

Bryan Penback

Post #24 by Bryan Penback » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:53 pm

Thanks that's good to know hydrovane help is not too far away! I gave mine a run yesterday after many years idle and sitting on flat tyres (now fixed). I bought the compressor as a spare engine for the boat eight or nine years ago. I had to build up the original 4108 and was not sure of it's lifespan. In practice after two minutes of blue smoke it never misses a beat all day and would go to the Med. and back no problem.
Now I have in mind getting some sand blasting gear to use the compressor. Dare I say it's running well despite being at sea on a diving barge for it's previous owners! 2200 hours and in pretty good shape I think.

Return to “Construction Equipment”