Liner site dumper

Discuss construction equipment here

BulldozerD11

Re: Liner site dumper

Post #31 by BulldozerD11 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:13 pm

mcnab wrote:Welcome aboard! Thats 2 Liner dumper owners on here now, we could start an owners club!

Still havent managed to hand start my Lister LR2 version, need a mechanic, nr Leeds Harrogate Skipton to give it an overhaul.

You could try the NVTEC (National Vintage Tractor and Engine Club) some of there members collect those types of engines and restore them.

The West Yorkshire group meet in Harrogate on 2nd Thursday of the month at Harrogate Leisure centre 8:00 pm (according to the nation magazines list of branches).

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

martyn williams

Post #32 by martyn williams » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Good idea to start up a dumper club,dumperrs along with compressors are the forgotten machines of the construction industry.
My mate has just restored a dumper and added it to his collection.
Saw a good Fordson Murhill at a show in the westcountry last year.
I am a NVTEC member,I could put you intouch with your nearest club if you want.
Martyn

NVTEC contact Mrs P Simms 01332702717
There are 36 clubs nationwide,she will tell you your closest.

oldbikeles

Post #33 by oldbikeles » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:20 am

Hi all, I am new to this forum today. It seems as this is the place to give more details of my newly acquired Liner Roughrider.
There is a small plate with number 329016, but whether of not this is the maker's plate, or somebody's equipment number I don't know.
The engine is a Petters AVA1, No. 3170637
It has a 3 fwd and 1 rev gearbox, which seems OK.
The steering box reminds me of the one on a 1950 Healy I had, but could be memory confusion.
I will measure up against the data sheet shown earlier in this thread, but I think it must be the 15cwt model.
Any instructions covering the machine would be welcome. Hopefully I will get a loan of an AVA booklet, but any info welcome.
When I viewed it, it was started first swing. I had a couple of turns, but no luck. Yesterday my pal was here, and so he dropped the valve lifter when I said so, and it started at once. Today my wife flicked the lever, and again instant start.
So far I have done an oil and filter (Fram CG816PL, same as "Mini") change. Never seen a filter so filthy. I also replaced the fuel filter (Fram C11941PL). There was the remnant of an air filter, so I have fitted a paper filter (A Fram CA2667), with an alloy disc to close off the open end, and a hooked 1/4" threaded rod to hold it all together.
I have a fair bit of work lined up for it in conjunction with my JCB 801.4 of 1994 vintage.

devonoak

Re: Liner site dumper - more giraffe photos

Post #34 by devonoak » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Hello there, I will post an intro in a minute but I reached this forum through the Liner Giraffe so I will quickly post a photo of mine, has been in almost daily use for years in my saw yard. I am on the brink of chopping it in for a 1999 Cat telehandler, which to be honest is a much better more stable thing, but I do have a few pangs of regret
URL of the original image: http://www.devonoak.co.uk/sawing/sawing%20002.jpg

All the best Tom

XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Post #35 by XS650 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:50 pm

The fantabulous 1972 Liner Roughrider Dumper range from sunny Gateshead - their digger dumper much better idea than Thwaites but has anyone ever seen one ?
aq.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not all those who wander are lost.

martyn williams

Post #36 by martyn williams » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:52 pm

I can remember seeing photos of one as the company I worked for were Liner agents.They had a large fleet of Liner dumpers and other products in the hire fleet.None were electric start.These were phased out when we took on the S & P agency.Big relief to us fitters as we were called out to the liners to start them in cold weather :lol:
Martyn

skillatch

Post #37 by skillatch » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:54 pm

hi lads ,i have a liner giraffe with the ford engine was there another model with a perkins engine and the cab on the left side

Tipper_Tom

Post #38 by Tipper_Tom » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:40 pm

skillatch wrote:hi lads ,i have a liner giraffe with the ford engine was there another model with a perkins engine and the cab on the left side

There certainly was an older model. Chai I spanner for has 5 of the old model and 2 im the same as you have
Using Tapatalk

dieseljonnyboy

Post #39 by dieseljonnyboy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:22 am

Hi Guys,

I have just been given a small Roughrider dumper, going to be picking it up over easter, i have not had a chance to examine it thorougly, but the skip is very good and the Lister engine started up instantly, not sure which model lister it has yet, maybe an SL. Steering box is not good. Does any one have any info on these dumpers, mine is very small maybe a 750
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bobon66
Flag: Great Britain

Post #40 by bobon66 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:20 am

Hi
its a 750 fitted with what looks like a lister st1. engine model is on the plate in front of throttle stops.
hope that helps
simon

Return to “Construction Equipment”