CABs

Discuss construction equipment here

martyn williams

Re: CABs

Post #11 by martyn williams » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:51 pm

That drilling rig is at Euro Disney. :lol:

And Tony the picture is not my back garden.

How many items of plant can you spot? click on picture fore more detail
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Robban_C

Post #12 by Robban_C » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:05 am

B100 LOADER wrote:That drilling rig is at Euro Disney. :lol: ...

But it looks quite similar to this one, doesn´t it? :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

modelman093
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by modelman093 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:27 pm

If you think that early construction machinery cabs were crude you had a lucky escape! Agricultural tractor cabs were worse - the names Bonser and Fritzmeier were the stuff of nightmares - if they kept the rain out they also offered nil visibility!
Seats - as you say, perforated tin pan - luxury seat, perforated tin pan with folded hessian sack!
As for school loo paper perhaps we should start a new thread on another site discussing the relative merits of Izal, Bronco Jeys etc!
Great stuff!

DaveS

Post #14 by DaveS » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:09 pm

On farm tractors the cabs I remember were Duncan (made in Aberdeenshire) Winsam, and as said above, the Fritzmeir with the canvas sides and lift up curved windscreen.

We had a M-F 65 which had the mudguard/cab brackets shear while harrowing sending the cab over the back of the tractor and breaking the drivers wrist. In actual fact he was really lucky!

Dave.

Hugh Jaleak

Post #15 by Hugh Jaleak » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:08 am

To quote Modelman, "If you think that early construction machinery cabs were crude you had a lucky escape! Agricultural tractor cabs were worse - the names Bonser and Fritzmeier were the stuff of nightmares - if they kept the rain out they also offered nil visibility!"

Fritzmeier make the cabs on the current Cat 360 range. Somewhat of an improvement I imagine! My only criticism is the polycarbonate skylight, it scratches very easily, and becomes translucent over time, making upward visibility very poor.

BulldozerD11

Post #16 by BulldozerD11 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:44 am

modelman093 wrote:If you think that early construction machinery cabs were crude you had a lucky escape! Agricultural tractor cabs were worse - the names Bonser and Fritzmeier were the stuff of nightmares - if they kept the rain out they also offered nil visibility!
Seats - as you say, perforated tin pan - luxury seat, perforated tin pan with folded hessian sack!
As for school loo paper perhaps we should start a new thread on another site discussing the relative merits of Izal, Bronco Jeys etc!
Great stuff!

Looks like this sites going down the pan :lol:

Some of the current site papers no better. :(

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

john345me

Post #17 by john345me » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:52 pm

heres my little king charles dog who loves to have a sleepin the cab :lol: :thumbs_up: and keeping orthers out :lol:

Joes1989

Post #18 by Joes1989 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:43 pm

Awww.....we have a JCB 3CX driver that kept his staffy pup in the cab of his machine! Just slept infront of the of the levers at his feet! Must be quite cramped in there surely? Id love to take my dogs to work with me and have them in my cab but there simply tooo big! They are Lurchers hahaha

Hugh Jaleak

Post #19 by Hugh Jaleak » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:24 pm

Ive seen a guy on machines a few times round here, works for a firm from Peterborough way. He was on a 3CX, later an Akerman. Always had a Golden Retriever or Lab type dog in the cab with him, that has to be a squash. It just used to lay on the cab floor, he worked around it I think!

Mine's a border collie cross, there's no space in the Cat for her. Anyway she would be a non starter, dont know how to sit still, would want to get out and see everybody, and id be scared stiff of treading on her.

Joes1989

Post #20 by Joes1989 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:18 pm

Yeh im the same with my lurchers! I could have taken her when she was a pup but she's pretty big now!

Return to “Construction Equipment”