Volvo PK71 pile driving machine

Discuss construction equipment here

Topic author
Robban_C

Volvo PK71 pile driving machine

Post #1 by Robban_C » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Yeah, I knew that such a subject would get your attention. :D

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos. I had to pick up the camera and get the shots through the windshield of my car while I was driving.

About the subject and the labels on the machine:
It is a Volvo digger (I guess that it is an EC210, compare it to the yellow one, that one is an EC210) equipped for pile driving. It has a 2-part boom that is usually found on the rubber ducks but the rest seems to be as they use to be.

The labels say "Skanska PK71". Skanska is a big building company in Sweden. They are working internationally, I think I have seen their logo on some photos from GB here at CMN as well.

PK71: I dont know what "71" means but PK might be for "Pålkran", Swedish for a crane made for pile driving. But that is just me guessing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

IBH

Re: Volvo PK71 pile driving machine

Post #2 by IBH » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:46 am

Robban, Skanska are a BIG player in the UK construction market and UK construction is a big part of Skanska AB:
www.skanska.co.uk
After having a joint venture with Costain- 'Costain-Skanska', Skanska bought UK based Kvaerner Construction in 2000, which was created when Kvaerner bought Trafalgar House in the 90's.

Return to “Construction Equipment”