John Deere fuel line problem

Discuss construction equipment here

Topic author
rockstar91
Flag: United States of America

John Deere fuel line problem

Post #1 by rockstar91 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:02 pm

My friend had a John Deere skid steer 320 and he wants to know how to reprime the fuel lines. Does he need a filter? no right?

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Re: John Deere fuel line problem

Post #2 by Mrsmackpaul » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:38 am

wish I could answer here but assume its like any other diesel bleed to the injector pump crank until it starts if it doesnt start maybe still some trapped air other wise might need to crack the injectors most times if the injectors are easy to get to I crack them as well at least on 1 or 2 injectors

But if its a common rail thing I think you just bleed them up to the head and crank I think ???????

sorry cant be of much help here had a 6-98 Leyland motor in a tractor there was a bleed screw on the back ( engine side ) of the injector pump that was really hard to get to you could start it with bleeding there but it could be a real bugger with out using that extra bleed point

But that 6-98 Leyland would pull and was tight on fuel and clean as well only diesel I have ever had that the oil was just as clean come oil change time as when it went in bloody good motor shame about a couple of other problems with the tractor oops off topic Paul

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

TrevorJ
Flag: Australia

Post #3 by TrevorJ » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:11 am

Depends on what happened. If they were running low on fuel and the engine staved, as the tank empties, more fuel sloshing occurs and all the tank's debris ends up in the filter staving the engine of fuel. Of course, if there no separator in the fuel system, then maybe the engine staved and they need another filter as only a bit of sediment / water will foul things up, as normally a sediment bowl will let big rubbish and water settle out ... Most fuel systems have a place for separation unless someone has pooched the fuel system and there is none. That is something that needs to checked for.

It happens, I just worked on a RYCO R2130P single filter block with duel inlets and outlets. I've yet to take it off and see if it's like some other fuel blocks that allow for universal fitting. The pipe outlets I can see, are actually marked in and out, plumbed correctly according to its directions but sadly the fuel pours right onto the top of the cartridge, the bowl below the cartridge, supposedly for the water collection is on the outlet side. Freaking brilliant and looking at one metal pipe, been that way from the time someone put this filter block on. I didn't bother modifying it, as it would have meant the owner having to chase up pipe and fittings, so I got as much gunk out of the tank I could and fixed the in tank strainer.

Topic author
rockstar91
Flag: United States of America

Post #4 by rockstar91 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:35 pm

thanks guys! I'll let him know

Return to “Construction Equipment”